Monday 23 April 2012

Review: The Unbecoming Of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

Summary from Goodreads:
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can. She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.There is. She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love. She's wrong.


So on the first page of the book we are told that Mara Dyer is not her real name, but its a cool day and it adds to the mystery of 'Mara'. So much happens to Mara in the first few pages of the book! We were really thrown straight into the action in this book and after that suspenseful beginning we can get a bit more relaxed with the rest. Until we get a little further on (when I say little I mean little!). There was always something happening to Mara and it kept me reading! Mara is an awesome character! She's witty and awesome! I loved reading her story!

I loved Jamie, he was the first friend that Mara made at her new school and he was there to help her whenever he could! 

Noah, *sigh* How do I describe Noah? He's mysterious, arrogant, a little annoying in all the right ways and wonderfully sarcastic! How can you not love him when he is a closet what you may call romantic (slightly). At the beginning I was slightly wary of him but later on I began to love him!


Michelle Hodkin has a way of writing that makes you want to read on! She described things in detail but not to the point of overkill!

Overall it is an AWESOME book that MUST be read!


2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this book! I even had the amazing opportunity to go to a Michelle Hodkin signing, and it was one of the best days ever! :D
    Glad you enjoyed this! :)
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome! Ive never been to a signing! :(
      Thanks for your comment! :)

      Delete

Now you've read my thoughts, what are your?