Monday 19 March 2012

ARC review: What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton

Publisher: Poppy
Publish date: October 9th 2012
How can you talk about something you can't remember?


Before the ski trip, sixteen-year-old Cassidy "Sid" Murphy was a cheerleader, a straight-A student, and a member of a solid trio of best friends. When she ends up on a ski lift next to handsome local college boy, Dax Windsor, she's thrilled; but Dax takes everything from Sid - including a lock of her perfect red curls - and she can't remember any of it.

Back home and alienated by her friends, Sid drops her college prep classes and takes up residence in the A/V room with only Corey "The Living Stoner" Livingston for company. But as she gets to know Corey (slacker, baker, total dreamboat), Sid finds someone who truly makes her happy. Now, if she can just shake the nightmares and those few extra pounds, everything will be perfect... or so she thinks.


What Happens Next is an interesting look into the side of life that I have not come across in any books that I have read. It follows the story of Cassidy 'Sid' Murphy and how she deals with an event that happens to her early on in the book. It was interesting to see how she dealt with the events of the ski trip and how she creates a fairytale story of what happened. At points I felt like shouting at her to tell but then I realised that she is doing what so many people do and that is keeping it quiet. I think that the way she dealt with it was very realistic and I think it made her more understandable as a character and allowed the reader to connect with her and feel sympathy towards her. The fact that she deals with it in the manner in which she did made the book so much more interesting to read. I felt really sorry for her and I have to say that I was rather emotional at times during this book.



I love the romance in the book. It is cute and realistic unlike so many others I could actually believe that they liked eachother. Corey is an amazing character and I love that he shows alot of support towards Sid.


I took my time reading this book so that I could savour every single word.I really couldn't believe that it was a DEBUT novel! It is an amazing debut novel and a MUST read!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Now you've read my thoughts, what are your?